[Vm-dev] Mix & match plugin and interpreter in Cog

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 00:20:26 UTC 2010

On 6 October 2010 03:09, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> in order to avoid overrides to CoInterpreter,
>> i created a subclass - NBCoInterpreter, where i put overridden methods.
>>
>> Now how i could tell that CogNativeBoostPlugin is fine for including when
>> generating code using NBCoInterpreter, but not CoInterpreter,
>> so it won't be mistakenly included in standard Cog VM build?
>
> You could bump  VM_PROXY_MINOR one higher and do that in the makefile/xcode project file etc, since in platforms/Cross/vm/sqVirtualMachine.h it says
> #ifndef VM_PROXY_MINOR
> /* Increment the following number if you add functions at the end */
> # define VM_PROXY_MINOR 11
> #endif

but i don't need to add something here, because there is nothing to change.

I just want to make sure that plugin is not included into build (disabled),
if you generating code using CoInterpreter, and included if using
NBCoInterpreter.

Btw, i found that examplePlugins.ext , generated by VMMaker is a bit odd
(i didn't touched anything related to generation of it):

# Automatically generated makefile include for external plugins
EXTERNAL_PLUGINS = \
ADPCMCodecPlugin \
AsynchFilePlugin \
B3DAcceleratorPlugin \