[Vm-dev] Mix & match plugin and interpreter in Cog

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 01:25:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 October 2010 03:09, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> in order to avoid overrides to CoInterpreter,
> >> i created a subclass - NBCoInterpreter, where i put overridden methods.
> >>
> >> Now how i could tell that CogNativeBoostPlugin is fine for including
> when
> >> generating code using NBCoInterpreter, but not CoInterpreter,
> >> so it won't be mistakenly included in standard Cog VM build?
> >
> > You could bump  VM_PROXY_MINOR one higher and do that in the
> makefile/xcode project file etc, since in
> platforms/Cross/vm/sqVirtualMachine.h it says
> > #ifndef VM_PROXY_MINOR
> > /* Increment the following number if you add functions at the end */
> > # define VM_PROXY_MINOR 11
> > #endif
>
> but i don't need to add something here, because there is nothing to change.
>
> I just want to make sure that plugin is not included into build (disabled),
> if you generating code using CoInterpreter, and included if using
> NBCoInterpreter.

You could do it with the generation expression.  Either have two copies, one
of which excludes it (e.g.)

VMMaker
generate: CoInterpreter
to: (FileDirectory default / '../src') fullName
platformDir: (FileDirectory default / '../platforms') fullName
excluding:#(BrokenPlugin SlangTestPlugin TestOSAPlugin
FFIPlugin ReentrantARMFFIPlugin ReentrantFFIPlugin ReentrantPPCBEFFIPlugin
NativeBoostPlugin NewsqueakIA32ABIPlugin NewsqueakIA32ABIPluginAttic)

or choose the interpreter via a menu and put some logic to test for it being
NBCoInterpreter.