[Vm-dev] positive32BitValueOf: fail with LargePositiveInteger

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Oct 11 20:43:05 UTC 2010

On 10.10.2010, at 13:05, stephane ducasse wrote:

> Yes I saw and I appreciated. Now my point is that some assumptions (like that mariano did not read books
> are bad). Now mariano told me that he will check more. And this is bad because mariano is helping a lot
> people so we all lost something.
>
> Stef

I don't see how "we all lost something", we gained something instead. Knowing which question is basic and which is advanced is not easy. How SmallIntegers are represented in the Squeak VM is something very basic, so it was appropriate to mention that.

And as Nicolas pointed out, not a single answer was "RTFM", nobody called anyone an idiot. There were 3 different actual explanations. No reason you get all upset about it. Relax, all is fine :)

That is, unless there is a hidden problem you did not mention. But in that case it would be better to name it.

- Bert -