[Vm-dev] Re: about polling

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Sep 11 17:01:31 UTC 2010

At the vm level we have to consider the implications because the morphic  polling loop invokes ioGetNextEvent   which
depending on the platform and implementation does other house keeping chores.

For example the cocoa vm uses the ioGetNextEvent() to ask the VM if there are UI events to process so that logic would
have to be changed.

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882