[Vm-dev] failing/errors Pharo Tests with CogVM

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:10:30 UTC 2010

Hi Eliot. I took a Pharo 1.1.1 image (which has included the changes to run
Cog) and I run all the tests with the build  r2219

And these are the results:

9768 run, 9698 passes, 53 expected failures, 15 failures, 2 errors, 0
unexpected passes
Failures:
FloatTest>>#testRaisedTo
MCInitializationTest>>#testWorkingCopy
FloatTest>>#testReciprocal
ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared
FloatTest>>#testDivide
MethodContextTest>>#testClosureRestart
FloatTest>>#testCloseTo
FloatTest>>#testHugeIntegerCloseTo
FloatTest>>#testInfinityCloseTo
WeakRegistryTest>>#testFinalization
PCCByLiteralsTest>>#testSwitchPrimCallOffOn
AllocationTest>>#testOneGigAllocation
FloatTest>>#testNaNCompare
FileStreamTest>>#testPositionPastEndIsAtEnd
NumberTest>>#testRaisedToIntegerWithFloats

Errors:
MessageTallyTest>>#testSampling1
WeakSetInspectorTest>>#testSymbolTableM6812

I think that most of these problems were fixed in latest official SqueakVM.
I guess they were integrated in VMMaker in versions later than the one you
used for Cog. Maybe you can integrate them and create a new version?

I am not a VM expert so please if you can help us with this tests it would
be cool.

Thanks

Mariano