[Vm-dev] Call to Unix experts: how i can obtain a pointers to mmap/dlopen/dlsym functions?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 14:27:59 UTC 2010

On 25 September 2010 15:02, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 25.09.2010, at 03:14, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>> Is there alias of some sort, which identifies standard C library?
>
> Yes: ''

It actually identified main module (or global symbol space, if you want).
But it doesn't works :(

Or.. maybe it works, returning  handle = 0, except that
if i passing handle=0 to ioLoadSymbolOfLengthFromModule() its crashing the VM.

I mean, since ioLoadSymbolOfLengthFromModule() ends up with dlsym() call,
i tried to use RTLD_DEFAULT=0 constant as module handle.

So, currently i'm end up with extending plugin with primitive, which
returns me an address
of dlsym() function. So, then i can discover anything else through it.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.