[Vm-dev] Cog: A question about: setInterruptCheckChain()

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 05:48:27 UTC 2010

As far as i understood , this is a way to insert own
function to force VM to interrupt.

This is cool.

But i don't see another insertion point, which could make this feature complete.
Suppose my plugin needs to handle some external events.
Then, in my custom interrupt checker i can check if there any pending
events to handle, while
during interrupt i should be able to install own routine as well,
which could actually handle
events (like convert events to some object(s) and/or signal semaphore etc)
without worrying that i'm doing this in the middle of interpreter
cycle, which may
damage interpreter's volatile state.

--
Best regards,