[Vm-dev] Cmake

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:52:36 UTC 2011

On 7 April 2011 12:05, Henrik Sperre Johansen
<henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no> wrote:

> On 07.04.2011 11:37, Torsten Bergmann wrote:
>>
>> I know how to build standard Vm from Squeakvm.org,
>> I'm also able to compile Eliots Cog from the same
>> SVN.
>>
>> But what if I want to go the "new" CMake way?
>> Where to start? Where are the files? Do I need git?
>> Is cmake for win32 ready?
>>
>> Is there a short summary on the cmake work (state,
>> where to start)? Or is the mess even worse than before?
>>
>> Thx
>> T.
>>
> AFAIK:
> From the Cog svn branch/it's mirrored git repository.
> - platform sources
> From VMMaker monticello repository.
> - make files generated by CMakeVMMaker
>  - vm src generated from VMMaker-oscog
>
> Can't see any hudson jobs for Windows VM's, so doubt Igor has them finished
> yet.

the problem right now that i cannot access these servers (need to wait
till admins will fix/open ports/passwords/routes etc etc), but they
already there,
so i will start configuring them once i will get access to them :)

> There are configs for it in CMakeVMMaker though, so I guess you have to try.

yes, they are there and working.
I built Cog VMs using these configs on my windows installation.

Check the root class for all windows configs, in comment i documented
what you need to install on windoze to prepare build environment.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.