[Vm-dev] Cog build and sqUnixOpenGL.h not found

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 09:12:53 UTC 2011

Hi. I was compiling in Linux and I got the erro "The file was not found
sqUnixOpenGL.h"
I easily fixed with
 sudo apt-get install mesa-common-dev

But then I got:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL

and I solve it with this:

delete /usr/lib/libGL.so
cd /usr/lib/
sudo ln -s libGL.so.1.2 libGL.so

Finally, and this is my question, I saw a special conf:  CogUnixNoGLConfig
which class comment says: "A slightly modified configuration, which avoids
linking with openGL libraries."
So...my question is...if I would have used that class I would have avoided
my problems?

Second, that class CogUnixNoGLConfig that doesn't link to the OpenGL, what
it does instead? how this impacts me ?  is there any difference from the
performance point of view of the VM or something like that ?

Sorry for my ignorance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com