[Vm-dev] Problem generating Mac VM...

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 13:49:29 UTC 2011

Hi Igor. There is a problem with the latest CogVM blessed and what it is in
CogMacOSConfig. If you try to do a cmake you will have this error:

-- Configuring done
CMake Error at SoundPlugin/CMakeLists.txt:17 (add_library):
  Cannot find source file:

    /Users/mariano/Pharo/VM/git/cogVM1/blessed/platforms/Mac
OS/plugins/SoundPlugin/sqMacAudioDeviceList.c

  Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
  .hxx .in .txx

-- Build files have been written to:
/Users/mariano/Pharo/vm/git/cogVM1/blessed/build

This is because in CogMacOSConfig>> configureSoundPlugin: maker
    "extra rules for SoundPlugin"

    super configureSoundPlugin: maker.
    maker includeDirectories: '${platformsDir}/unix/vm/'.
    maker addPlatformSources:
        #(
            'sqMacAudioDeviceList.c'
            'sqMacUnixInterfaceSound.c'
            'sqUnixSoundMacOSXJMM.c'
        )

you are including    'sqMacAudioDeviceList.c'   which is NOT present in Cog
VM blessed, as you can see here:
https://gitorious.org/cogvm/blessed/trees/master/platforms/Mac%20OS/plugins/SoundPlugin

Of course, if I remove that line from the cong, it works.

Then I check and I saw a commit from Eliot that says: