[Pharo-project] [Vm-dev] Debugging Cog crash

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Apr 9 21:13:43 UTC 2011

Levente,

Yes, I did follow your instructions, and got the same error message reported in the post I cited.  The solution only solution I have found to that problem is the get the image up and running and THEN attach gdb to it.  I can't do that, because the vm dies way too early for that to work.  So, I would need to attach, or find another solution to the problem.

Bill

Levente wrote:

Did you follow my instructions? If so, then you don't have to attach at
all, because you started the VM process from gdb, so gdb is attached to
the process already. Just do exactly what I wrote and you'll have what you
need.

If you need more help, then try the following links (first hits for
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&q=how+to+use+gdb btw):
- http://www.unknownroad.com/rtfm/gdbtut/gdbuse.html
- http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~gilpin/tutorial/

Levente