[Pharo-project] [Vm-dev] Debugging Cog crash

Schwab,Wilhelm K bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sun Apr 10 20:00:27 UTC 2011

Eliot,

I modified the one-click's shell script as shown below and ran it from a terminal.  It still says only "Segmentation fault."  I could be doing this incorrectly or maybe not looking in the correct place for the output???  My first attempt was to add -sendTrace=9 (note case), and it complained, which is vastly better than ignoring my mistake; it also suggests that I got -sendtrace=9 correct, or it would presumably complain again.

Did I botch it, or is it really quitting before it reaches Smalltalk code?  If you suspect the latter, is there something else we can do to prove it, and/or what's next?  I am not opposed to building from source.  I avoided it for a while because I was afraid that I would "hack" the vm again and not really fix my FFI oddities.  I am close to having the latter sorted, and can probably now trust myself with vm source :)

Bill

#!/bin/sh

# path
ROOT=`dirname $0`