[Pharo-project] [Vm-dev] Debugging Cog crash

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 00:00:01 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <bschwab at anest.ufl.edu>wrote:

> Eliot,
>
> I modified the one-click's shell script as shown below and ran it from a
> terminal.  It still says only "Segmentation fault."

If you see Segmentation Fault on the console/terminal then you would be able
to see the send trace.  So we can conclude it's not getting as far as
running Smalltalk.  Since another VM runs your image just fine we could
conclude there's nothing wrong with the image, except perhaps for the Cog VM
scanning the heap to convert Float endianness etc. In any case you now need
to debug the VM's start-up under gdb.  Your problems lie before Smalltalk
starts to run.