[Vm-dev] compiling IA32ABI for cocoa cog

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 00:17:04 UTC 2011

Hi Esteban,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to compile new IA32ABI plugin, who should work with new Threaded
> FFI.
> As everybody requested, I'm trying to compile this plugin as an external
> plugin, and for that reason I need variable
>
> sqInt inIOProcessEvents;
>
> to be
>
> EXPORT(sqInt) inIOProcessEvents;
>
> ...how can I modify VMMaker to ensure this?

Um, are you sure you need to.  If you have a look at
http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog r2378 you'll see that
 inIOProcessEvents is declared in cointerpmt.c and that IA32ABI.c imports it
via

src/plugins/IA32ABI/IA32ABI.c:  { extern int inIOProcessEvents; address =
(sqInt)&inIOProcessEvents; }

Doesn't that work?

best,
Eliot

I tried touching StackInterpreter>>#mustBeGlobal:, but that generates bad