[Vm-dev] [CRAZY IDEA] "Breakpoints" in the VM from SLANG

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Apr 18 03:48:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 02:07:38AM +0200, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> > translated.

> > > Now, I was trying in a Interpreter VM, not Cog.
> >
> > Sorry, I misread your message. The error message from SlangBrowser is
> > misleading. The #initializeConstants method is not translated to C because
> > only instance side methods are translated.
> >
> Maybe I was not clear. Want I meant is that I *ONLY* see that in the
> Transcript. NOthing else. I didn't see the C code of
> #lookupInMethodCacheSel:class:

I guess I'm not sure what is wrong. Try "VMMaker clearCodeGeneratorCache"
and see if that clears the problem. Are you using a Pharo image? If so,
try it in Squeak so you can see how it works, and we can debug the Squeak/Pharo
differences later. It will probably turn out to be an exception thrown
during the code generation that I am not handling properly in SlangBrowser.