[Vm-dev] Re: VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-dtl.59.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Apr 19 00:18:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:23:03AM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 18.04.2011, at 03:43, David T. Lewis wrote:

> > convention that Colin described, but I'm not sure that the results are
> > that Igor had previously established.
>
> I'd still switch to the <package>.<branch> naming scheme. It is a better
> convention since it potentially allows the tools to deal with branches differently.
>
> It's just that nobody except the original developers seems to have known
> about this convention and so the MC UI tools have evolved without taking
> it into account.
>
> Let's fix the tools (e.g., display all branches when a package is selected,
> if that's what we want).

Thanks Bert.

Igor, Eliot:

The MC browser is currently displaying the packages "VMMaker" and
"VMMaker-oscog". If we use the recommended naming, we will see an
additional "VMMaker.oscog" representing the oscog branch. That would
be better long term but we're hoping this is not a long term problem,
so I'm not sure if this is worth changing now.

Igor, do you mind if I wimp out and ask you to make the decision on
this? Should we start using "VMMaker.oscog-IgorStasenko.nnn" rather
than "VMMaker-oscog-IgorStasenko.nnn"?