[Vm-dev] How to generate a consistent iOS and Unix VM?

Stefan Marr squeak at stefan-marr.de
Wed Apr 20 19:25:38 UTC 2011

Hi Esteban:

On 20 Apr 2011, at 20:41, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
> maybe you can follow Mariano's blog, he explain very easily how to get and compile a vm by your self:
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com/

I read the blog, briefly. Perhaps not deeply enough since my questions were not answered.

But, to make it clear: my goal is to bring the platform/plugin code up to date.
And, to bring it into a shape which allows us to stay in sync with you guys.

Especially with your work Esteban, since our primary platform for the day to day stuff is OSX.

So, Mariano told me that the git repository does not contain the standard interpreter code anymore, well, that is a pity.

But what about the iPhone/iOS code? Which is the authoritative source for code?

I would like to avoid the implications of Cog/StackVM since there are some changes which would have to be propagated to our VM code, I think. And I don't see the immediate need for that.

I am not so much worried about how to generate the code and these kind of things, since Mariano's blog will probably help me with that. My problem is more basic: Which is the right code to start with.

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr