[Vm-dev] How to generate a consistent iOS and Unix VM?

Stefan Marr squeak at stefan-marr.de
Wed Apr 20 19:32:25 UTC 2011

Hi Mariano:

On 20 Apr 2011, at 20:47, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Only CogVMs are in Git, not Interpreter VM.
Ok, good to know. Thanks.

> Sorry, I cannot help there. But if you can live with a StackVM (which if fact I think it may be good for iPhone/iPad), I think all the necessary information you need are explained in this two posts:
Well, I do not really care about the interpreter VM itself, I just want to avoid unnecessary Cog/StackVM specific changes (like the heartbeat thread).
In the end, I want to run on both cores of the iPad, with the RoarVM.
That is the goal, and we have a proof of concept that works, but it is an unsustainable mess and needs to get integrated into our mainline of code.

Any hits on which code-base to chose for that are very welcome.

My main platforms I want to run on are Linux, OSX, and iOS. And ideally without any code duplication, since we have to touch some details here and there.
Well, and as I said, ideally in a way that I can pull in upstream changes.

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr