[Vm-dev] Proposal to rename all CMakeVMMaker configuratiosn

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 20:41:31 UTC 2011

On 22 April 2011 21:38, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Jeremy Kajikawa <jeremy.kajikawa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Do you need to put "VM" into ALL of the config strings?
>>

> Good point. I don't know. Maybe we don't need it.
>

>> How about ...
>> <Machine>-<OS>-[Debug-]<SpecialOptions?>
>>

> I like it :)
>

>> With examples like the following...
>>
>> Cog-Windows
>> Cog-Windows-Debug
>> CogMT-Windows
>> CogMT-Windows-Debug
>> CogMT-Unix
>> CogMT-Unix-NoGL
>> CogMT-Unix-Debug-NoGL
>> Stack-Windows
>> Stack-Windows-Debug
>> Stack-Windows-Debug-FixedVerSI
>> Stack-Unix
>> Stack-Unix-Debug
>> Stack-Unix-Debug-FixedVerSI

You cannot use '-' in class name.
However we can use underline.

CogMT_Unix_Debug_NoGL

but then i think

CogMTUnixDebugNoGL

will be better.

>> Are these usable and readable by everyone?
>>

> I like this last change. For the prefix without the "VM" I am not sure. I don't have a strong position.
> I would go with this one.

Yeah. VM can be omitted.

> Igor ? Esteban?  (since you are the guys that mostly maintain them)

I am fine with it.
As to me, as long as things work i don't care much about naming. This
stuff is not used too often and by many..
But i agree that consistent naming is good to have, so if you have a
time to spend on polishing this, do it :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.