[Vm-dev] A trick to speedup #become: (but not becomeForward:)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:30:28 UTC 2011

> Yes. And if you remember i gave you the code with another oid mapping
> implementation,
> which avoids using big-integers and a bit more simpler (i hope).

The current Magma relies on the ".idx" file to lookup locations of
objects in the objects.dat file.  Since oids are allocated
consecutively, the file only grows as much as the db allocates new
oids.

Do you happen to remember; whether you had a new scheme for looking up
location of objects in the objects.dat file, since I assume you can no
longer allocate oids consecutively?