[Vm-dev] OSX Smalltalk vmFullPath

Camillo Bruni camillo.bruni at inria.fr
Wed Aug 10 10:15:34 UTC 2011

I guess this has been mentioned before…

But to me the current implementation under OSX makes no sense whatsoever, since you basically get only half of the needed information back (ie. I don't know which executable is running the image)

Smalltalk vmFullPath yields '/Applications'

so what about getting at least the '.app' dir? (most of the information can be reconstructed from there on)

This would simply require to change setVMPathFromApplicationDirectory:

-	self.vmPathStringURL = [NSURL fileURLWithPath: [[[NSBundle mainBundle] bundlePath] stringByDeletingLastPathComponent]];
+	self.vmPathStringURL = [NSURL fileURLWithPath: [[NSBundle mainBundle] bundlePath]];

camillo