[Vm-dev] Install squeak on BSD x64

bronta at rambler.ru bronta at rambler.ru
Thu Aug 25 14:18:56 UTC 2011

Hallo everybody!
I'm trying to install squeak vm on FreeBSD 8.2 x64. kind man Gary Dunn
gave me instructions and I report here last results (dialog started in
beginners mailing list but I was asked to move my question here).

I ran "squeak mySueak.image" from folder where image file resides. The
same error:
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.9: unsupported

Also I've checked version of freetype2 package. It's up to date. What
should we do now?

So. I still ask to help me.

* Gary Dunn <garydunnhi at gmail.com> [Wed, 24 Aug 2011 06:08:46 -1000]:
> First try cd to the directory containing the image, then execute
squeak
> eliminate the "path_to_image" part.
>
> Be sure your ports tree is up to date ,,, you may have an older
version
> of
> freetype.
>
> The VM just says "i386" which means an Intel rather than PowerPC.
Could