[Vm-dev] Install squeak on BSD x64

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:17:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Gary Dunn <garydunnhi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 6:36 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 25 August 2011 15:18,  <bronta at rambler.ru> wrote:
>> >

>> > Hallo everybody!
>> > I'm trying to install squeak vm on FreeBSD 8.2 x64. kind man Gary Dunn
>> gave me instructions and I report here last results (dialog started in
>> beginners mailing list but I was asked to move my question here).
>> >
>> > I ran "squeak mySueak.image" from folder where image file resides. The
>> same error:
>> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.9: unsupported
>> >
>> > Also I've checked version of freetype2 package. It's up to date. What
>> should we do now?
>> >

>> build or install a 32-bit version of freetype library and make sure
>> that VM are using it instead of 64-bit one.
>>

> Not sure if that will do it, or if this is just the first of a long series
> of incompatibilities. I will carry issue over to the FreeBSD list and let
> you know what they suggest.
>
> Any chance you could install good old 32-bit version of FreeBSD?
>
> --
> Gary Dunn
> Honolulu

Before posting my question I googled around and found this:

This issue here is running 32-bit wine on a 64-bit system. Might give you
the clues you need to get Squeak going. I don't know how to build a 32-bit
version of freetype2 on a 64-bit system ... I don't see any configuration
options for the port, so I guess the configure script detects it
automatically.

To see a liitle more stuff (some rather old) google this: how to build 32
bit lib on 64 bit freebsd

vm-devs: Any chance of  a 64-bit binary for FreeBSD?
--
Gary Dunn
Honolulu