[Vm-dev] Install squeak on BSD x64

bronta at rambler.ru bronta at rambler.ru
Fri Aug 26 15:23:14 UTC 2011

Sorry. Did not understand clearly what do you mean? I can install squeak
vm via pkgsrc utility?
Actually I'm not very experienced FreeBSD user and never used pkgsrc
utility. But why not to try? I will try it soon and then report you my
results:)

* Aleksej Saushev <asau at inbox.ru> [Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:04:41 +0400]:

> <bronta at rambler.ru> writes:
>
> > Hallo everybody!
> > I'm trying to install squeak vm on FreeBSD 8.2 x64. kind man Gary
Dunn
> gave me instructions and I report here last results (dialog
> > started in beginners mailing list but I was asked to move my
question
> here).
>
> pkgsrc package should build on FreeBSD, since I developed it on
FreeBSD.
> This should get you Squeak VM on any supported platform.
> If it doesn't build (this may happen since I don't have access to
> FreeBSD these days), I can help with it.
>
> > I ran "squeak mySueak.image" from folder where image file resides.
The
> same error:
> > /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.9: unsupported
> >
> > Also I've checked version of freetype2 package. It's up to date.
What