[Vm-dev] Install squeak on BSD x64

Gary Dunn garydunnhi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 17:59:42 UTC 2011

Good news! And mahalo nui to Ian for building the 64 bit vm.

By default FreeBSD does not allow applications running as root to attach to
the 0.0 display. X can connect across a network, and it could end up
allowing someone one a different machine to gain root privileges on yours.

In an earlier post I told you to put the sources file in the same directory
as the image file. Works for me. The documentation says to put the sources
in the same directory as the vm, which the error you got says. Squeak will
run without sources  you just won't see code in the browser. You will want
sources.

Gary Dunn
Open Slate Project
http://openslate.org