[Vm-dev] Got network sockets working in Android Cog

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:07:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> No plugin. The VM just emits a Complex event (see Cross/vm/sq.h and iOS/vm/iPhone/Classes/sqSqueakIPhoneApplication+events.m).

> This is modeled very closely on what iOS uses natively. We may want to find a more cross-platform interface, but I have no idea how touch events look in Android.

I have no idea either. Besides, my device does not support multitouch.
But I see complex events, and if necessary can process them.

PS: Bert, I just saw you note about OLPC XO 1.75 which runs Squeak.
Just curious what CPU frequency is, what flavor of VM does it run (Cog
or Classic) and how much 0 tinyBenchmarks outputs - do you have such
details?

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky