[Vm-dev] primitivePerform (prim 83)

Stefan Marr squeak at stefan-marr.de
Thu Dec 8 00:09:18 UTC 2011

Hi:

From the current implementation, which I find in the interpreter, and from testing on Cog I assume that primitive 83, that is 'perform:', does easily handle an arbitrary number of parameters.

Is that correct, or does for instance Cog do something else? (it does not seem so)

I am just asking, because the number of parameters of the Object>>#perform:with: variants goes only up to three. And, the comment does not mention it. (at least in a recent Pharo image)

Furthermore, I guess, there is an upper limit on the number of arguments with regard to frame size?

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr