[Vm-dev] [ANN] New Cocoa Squeak VM release

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 16:18:56 UTC 2011

Hi,
I want to announce the release of a new version of Cocoa Squeak VM (non Cog), version 5.7.4.

It can be downloaded here: http://squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%205.7.4.zip

Since this is my first release, there are no big changes to take into account:

1) It's based on VMMaker 221 (latest)
2) it has a minor bugfix on arguments passed to the image (it was ignoring first argument).
3) My biggest change is that I drop the "b" from the release version, I didn't like it, and I think nobody else likes it :) and also is clear to understand, IMHO. Now you can read the version as: Major Version.Minor Version.Bugfix Version.

This release ships with this internal plugins included:

ADPCMCodecPlugin
B3DEnginePlugin
BalloonEnginePlugin
BitBltSimulation