[Vm-dev] What is happens when uploading package to SqS?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 3 15:53:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 04:11:25PM +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Hello,
>
> it is really strange that uploading VMMaker takes ages and times out
> all the times.
> While for other packages it works without problems.
>
> Could it be a VMMaker project configuration issue, like sending
> notification mails or doing diffs?
>
> VMMaker is quite big comparing to other packages.. but apart from data
> size, that needs to be transferred.. what other things
> happen on server side, that it takes ages to upload it?

The only thing I can see that is configurable is the commit notices,
which have been set to send mail to the vm-dev list and to my
personal email address. I just now removed my personal address from
the list so that mail will go only to vm-dev now, just in case it
makes a difference. It would be rather alarming if this *did* make
a difference, but you never know...