[Vm-dev] sqMouseEvent.reserved1?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 5 15:19:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 10:19:03AM -0300, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to compile a Cocoa Stack VM and I found that at some points it asks for a sqMouseEvent.reserved1, which is not defined at sq.h.
> I just added it to sq.h and everything seems to be working, but I wonder if there is a reason why it is not there?
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

It is defined in Cross/vm/sq.h since SVN rev 1279 (December 2005):

typedef struct sqMouseEvent
{
  int type;                     /* EventTypeMouse */
  unsigned int timeStamp;       /* time stamp */
  int x;                        /* mouse position x */
  int y;                        /* mouse position y */
  int buttons;                  /* combination of xxxButtonBit */
  int modifiers;                /* combination of xxxKeyBit */
  int reserved1;                /* reserved for future use */
  int windowIndex;              /* host window structure */
} sqMouseEvent;

But in the Cog sources it is not present:

typedef struct sqMouseEvent
{
  int type;                     /* EventTypeMouse */
  unsigned int timeStamp;       /* time stamp */
  int x;                        /* mouse position x */
  int y;                        /* mouse position y */
  int buttons;                  /* combination of xxxButtonBit */
  int modifiers;                /* combination of xxxKeyBit */
  int nrClicks;                 /* number of clicks in button downs - was reserved1 */
  int windowIndex;              /* host window structure */
} sqMouseEvent;

So this is a field that was removed in the Cog source tree.