[Vm-dev] argCnt, argVec, engVec alternatives

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Jan 5 18:08:16 UTC 2011

Well these aren't vm variables they are the environment,  and pointer(s) to arguments passed to the executable at launch time via the command line.
it's all pure unix logic, nothing to do with the vm. You could of course have a fetch routine on the interpreter proxy to better hide the implementation details as you
already have an primitive to fetch the parms from the VM. Not sure about the environment variables I don't think there was an api to allow smalltalk code to get at those?

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>   Twitter:  squeaker68882