[Vm-dev] Official VM missing MPEGPlugin

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:59:47 UTC 2011

Cog VM includes the MPEGPlugin, but the interpreter VM from
http://ftp.squeak.org/4.1/
does not. It's needed by Cobalt. To test:

- Load up Movies-Kernel and Movies-Player from
  http://www.squeaksource.com/MultiMedia.html
  (aside: anyone know of a more official location for multimedia
  stuff?)
- Get out an MPEGPlayerMorph (World > objects > Multimedia >
  MPEGPlayer)
- press the load button and find your favorite mpeg file. I
  threw up the one we ship with cobalt in case you don't have
  one on hand (3.1 MB):
  http://cobalt.cs.duke.edu/pub/alien.mpeg
- official VM will get a primitive failure at this point
- Cog will show the first frame of the video and you can watch
  it by pressing play

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)