[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker-oscog.46.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 19:50:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Casimiro de Almeida Barreto <
casimiro.barreto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Em 15-01-2011 20:12, squeak-dev-noreply at lists.squeakfoundation.org
> escreveu:
> >
> > Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
> > http://www.squeaksource.com/VMMaker/VMMaker-oscog.46.mcz

> > Name: VMMaker-oscog.46
> > Author: eem
> > Time: 15 January 2011, 10:45:02 am
> > UUID: 78f6932a-9375-4f02-8804-bf4218877f36
> > Ancestors: VMMaker-eem.709, VMMaker-oscog.45
> >
> > Fix for & and | usage in genSpecialSelectorArithmetic that
> > caused e.g. 16r80 bitOr:16r40 to evaluate to 1.
> >
> > Safer frame printing via sprinkling of couldBeFramePointer: pixie dust.
> >
> > Update the CogMemoryManager class comment new
> > GC/obj rep design with the results of recent vm-dev discussion on lazy
> become and pinning.
> >
> > Remove the unused register-saving stack page classes.
> > Rename retained classes (CogSimpleStackPage => CogStackPage etc).
> >

> Why VMMaker-oscog is not getting into Monticello ? Repository is stuck
> in an old version...

Hmmm... I have given up on trying to commit directly to the repository
because recently it has always timed-out.  Instead I commit to package-cache
and then use Import Versions on www.squeaksource.com to upload the package
from package-cache.  Is this supposed to work?  Should I be doing something
else?

cheers,
Eliot