[Vm-dev] Cannot build Cog from the "blessed" repo at Gitorious

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 21:40:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 July 2011 15:08, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > well... I disagree with that.
> > Hudson server is for us, not for regular users. I does not has any value
> if we cannot check it agains our branch. I discussed this with Mariano many
> times... also, it doesn't has a any value if we cannot check it with latest
> sources (that's why my branch has "bleedingEdge" configured to build
> versions).
> >
> > maybe we need to create ALSO a "build with blessed" hudson config (and
> that one can be made with numbers instead bleedingEdge). But I want my build
> checking with my branch :P
> > (I know, you didn't change my builds, just yours... I'm just telling why
> I will not change mine, he)
> >

> I don't see any problems.
> Can you add jobs to build cocoa vms using blessed repository?
>
> So, you can commit things locally and then they will be built using
> yours, and when everything is working , you push to blessed and it
> builds VM to check everything is ok.
> Righ?

Exactly. That's what we always come to when I discussed with Esteban. The
only "problem" here is that we will have to duplicate Hudson projects: one
for stable versions for final users and related to bleesed;  and one for VM
developers/maintainers  which can be unstable and it is related to a clone
of someone

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com