[Vm-dev] Thanks, I was able to build Cog

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 03:39:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks Igor and Mariano. I synced my clone repo with blessed, and was
able to build Cog via cmake (looks like I did not read one paragraph
in Mariano's guide ;)

I ran into the cc1: error: unrecognized command line option
"-mno-fused-madd" error while compiling the float math plugin.

I use

dima at slax:~/src/cogvm/dmg-blessed/build$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.2.4

not very new but did not really have plans to upgrade it. I followed
this discussion:

http://forum.world.st/Failed-to-build-FloatMathPlugin-on-FreeBSD-td3346374.html

commenting out the relevant line in FloatMathPlugin/CMakeLists.txt

I see where it is coming from (class CPlatformConfig in CMakeVMMaker):

configureFloatMathPlugin: maker
	"extra rules for FloatMathPlugin"

	"according to http://www.netlib.org/fdlibm/readme
	it should be compiled with no optimizations"
	maker addDefinitions: '-O0 -mno-fused-madd'.

Thanks.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web