[Vm-dev] Building OSProcessPlugin on macs

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 01:38:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> With a new version of plugin submitted by Eliot it no longer crashing :)

Slang is occasionally super-tricky.  If you write

    self atexit: #sendSignalToPids

it generates

    atexit("sendSignalToPids")

which will crash.  You must write

    self atexit: #sendSignalToPids asSymbol

to get it to generate

    atexit(sendSignalToPids)

(where sendSignalToPids is some function to be called at exit).

If course we should change this but there's backwards-compatibility for
plugin to consider.  Does anyone depend on the old behavior?  I've been
bitten more than a few times by this.  Sigh...

--
best,
Eliot