[Vm-dev] About Cocoa VMs

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Jul 11 13:29:42 UTC 2011

Ah, no it's an open/GL issue. On the first frame paint it appears to
use un-initialized video memory, which happens to be full of visual
stuff.
Technically I'd say it's a security issue, but it seems the video
layer doesn't hand you sanitized bytes when asked.

To track it likely you need to look at the timing of the open gl
buffer flush versus the timing of when Squeak has drawn to the
display.