[Vm-dev] compiling B3DAcceleratorPlugin on Lion

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 18:14:59 UTC 2011

Hi,
I'm following the problem that prevents B3DAcceleratorPlugin to compile in
Lion, SDK 10.7.
The problem is that glCreateRendererFlags is using NewGWorld, and an enum
useTempMem, an API who is deprecated since 10.4 and is not present anymore
in 10.7 (well... maybe it is there, but it is not declared on headers).
I added this at sqMacOpenGL.c to test behavior:

#ifdef MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_7

#define useTempMem (1L << 2) //This declaration is taken from old sdk
definition.

#endif

and now it compiles, but of course... I have a lot of "implicit declaration
of function..."

With this, now I have two questions:

1) how can I test if B3DAcceleratorPlugin is working?
2) as this is obviously a horrible patch... how can we change the plugin to
be really updated?

(btw... this is why I'm so strong about the migration of legacy code as soon
as possible... we can not be sure how much time this apis are going to be
present)

cheers,
Esteban