[Vm-dev] What are classes defined with varibleSubclass?

Javier Pimás elpochodelagente at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:35:27 UTC 2011

Hi, this is another simple (I hope) question:

I have an instance of MethodDictionary, which is defined as

Dictionary variableSubclass: #MethodDictionary
instanceVariableNames: ''
 classVariableNames: ''
poolDictionaries: ''
category: 'Kernel-Methods'

looking at the format field it says 3, which I understand is that instances
have both fixed and indexed oops. The question is, what does that mean? or
better why is it that way if the class only defines an array an a tally as
instance variables?

Also, looking at the header, I see some strange things in the size field
(being bigger than what I'd expect). What is the format of size field in
this case?

Thanks!
          Javier.

--