[Vm-dev] [commit] r2418 - Delete branches/Cog/platforms/Cross/plugins and replace it with an svn:external to trunk/platforms/Cross/plugins.

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Jun 9 15:38:39 UTC 2011

On 6/9/2011 17:25, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 9 June 2011 16:48, Andreas Raab<andreas.raab at gmx.de>  wrote:
>> On 6/9/2011 16:19, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>> Does it changes the way how svn checkout works?
>>> If i will checkout
>>> branches/Cog,
>>> will it do same as before,
>>> or i will need to do separate checkout of
>>> trunk/platforms/Cross/plugins?
>> Short answer: Try it :-)
>>
>> Longer answer: It doesn't change anything. Google svn:externals for more
>> info.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   - Andreas
> So, with this change, the Cog and Squeak cross-platform plugins
> codebase are now same, right?

Yes, the Cross and the win32 plugin sources are now identical between
interp and Cog branch.

> This is good. Less things to worry about.

Indeed. The plan is to keep going incrementally until there are no
differences left. At which point we might consider a slightly different
layout of the sources for building interp, stackvm, and Cog
side-by-side, but let's start with merging the support code first.

Cheers,
   - Andreas