[Vm-dev] merging VMMaker-oscog-MarianoMartinezPeck.66 with VMMaker.oscog-eem.78

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 11:49:21 UTC 2011

i don't know what happens, but merge tool don't shows any conflicts
and it not allows me to cherry-pick changes from mariano version and
merge them into eem verison.

For instance, here is mariano's :

VMMakerTool class>>initialize

	Smalltalk at: #TheWorldMenu ifPresent: [ :class |
		class class methodDict at: #registerOpenCommand: ifPresent: [ :method |
			(method sendsSelector: #deprecated:)
				ifFalse: [ class registerOpenCommand: (Array with: 'VMMaker' with:
(Array with: self with: #openInWorld)) ] ] ]

and here same method from eliot's snapshot:
initialize

	 (TheWorldMenu respondsTo: #registerOpenCommand:)

         ifTrue: [TheWorldMenu registerOpenCommand: {'VMMaker'. {self.
#openInWorld}. 'The VM making tool'}].

apparently i would like to keep the mariano's one,
but merge tool does not allows me to do that.

VMMaker-oscog-MarianoMartinezPeck.66 also contains changes made by
David, which not integrated into eem.78

Also, eem78 missing the ClipboardExtendedPlugin (removed? why?).

so, now the question what we can do about it?

This is what happens if we not systematically merge stuff.. I want to
stress again, that before committing new version, one should always
merge with latest available version.
Otherwise, if we don't merge it means a more and more work when
branches drift away from each other.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.