[Vm-dev] Re: [Cog] Problems with generating code (initialization of options)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 19:10:00 UTC 2011

Hi Igor,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> StackToRegisterMapping class>>initializeWithOptions:
>
> doesn't have a super send
> and that's why ProcessorClass class variable is still nil durring call to
> CogIt class>>ancilliaryStructClasses

This is on purpose.  If you look at buildCodeGeneratorForCogit it
initializes each class (Cogit, SimpleStackBasedCogit and
StackToRegisterMappingCogit) individually, and that style predates my work
on Cog.  I'm committing a version which moves the check for regeneration
being required to after the building of the code generator and hence
initialization has been done.

--
best,
Eliot