[Vm-dev] changing the bytecodes print

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:06:22 UTC 2011

Hi folks. Did you see that when you see the bytecodes of a method you see
something like:

49 <70> self
50 <21> pushConstant: 'SQ_HOST32'
51 <8F 00 00 02> closureNumCopied: 0 numArgs: 0 bytes 55 to 56
55     <71> pushConstant: true
56     <7D> blockReturn

The bytecode number here is printed in <hex> . However, in Interpreter and
its #initializeBytecodeTable  they use base 10. So, each time I read a
bytecode, and I want to know which is the method associated with that, I
need to convert it.
So, I wonder if it makes sense to change the print, so that it prints in
decimal. What do you think?

To change that, it seems to be in InstructionPrinter >> #print   but I
cannot make it work yet :(

cheers

Mariano