[Vm-dev] Rant about generated files: should they stay in repository?

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Mar 11 16:35:59 UTC 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> yes... that's what we (well... Igor mainly) are trying to do: a common, unified way to easily build a vm.
> So easy that even hudson can build it :)

It's already done. And it could have been done with much less effort:
Check out svn, fire up an image with a script to generate the sources
from VMMaker, configure, make, and it's done. But you didn't like this
way.

Also note that this is totally unrelated to the generated files in the
repository.

Levente