[Vm-dev] VM Automated builds update

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:52:58 UTC 2011

A) We split the build on two stages:

1. job which watching the git repository , and then checks out latest
version of sources and builds image with VMMaker preloaded in it.

An output of this job is:

 - archived snapshot of checked out sources
 - archived image with VMMaker + CMakeVMMaker installed

 2. job which takes the results of above one, and generating sources
files and cmake configuration (specific to target build) and then
makes VM

An output of this job is:
- achive containing
   - checked out sources + generated source + cmake configs + image
with vmmaker

   - a built VM

B) We finally were able to run build process on Mac slaves and as
result, build Mac-specific VMs.

See following for a list of jobs:
https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/

Here jobs which are working now and you can download produced
artifacts from them:

Cog Linux JIT:
https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Unix/
Stack VM Linux:
https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/Stack%20VM%20Unix/

Mac Cog Jit (Carbon)

https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/Cog%20Mac%20Carbon/

Mac Stack VM (Carbon)
https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/hudson/view/Cog/job/StackVM%20Mac%20Carbon/

Once Esteban adopt his sources to our build system, we will also build
a Cocoa versions of Cog/Stack VMs for Mac.

(btw, prod Esteban to produce config for cross-compiling Stack VM for
iPhone target :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.