[Vm-dev] [CMake] Can we create StackInterpreterDebugMacOSConfig ?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:16:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 March 2011 16:58, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I've just create it:
> >
> > StackInterpreterMacOSConfig subclass: #StackInterpreterDebugMacOSConfig
> >     instanceVariableNames: ''
> >     classVariableNames: ''
> >     poolDictionaries: ''
> >     category: 'CMakeVMMaker'
> >
> > And implemented:
> >
> > StackInterpreterDebugMacOSConfig >> compilerFlags
> >
> >     ^  self commonCompilerFlags, ' ' ,self compilerFlagsDebug
> >

> > Is this correct ?  I would like to complelty debug with XCode out of the
> box.
> >

> It you can build VM using this config, and it satisfies your needs
> (debug flags etc), then it is correct.  :)

The problem is that I am not sure if it is really correct. I put a
breakpoint in lookupMethodInClass(sqInt class).
When I enter the XCode debugger, and see the srtacktrace, I go down to the
caller: interpret()
and instead of seeing the place inside interpret() where the call to
lookupMethodInClass()  is done, the XCode goes to this place:

/* This doesn't belong here, but neither do 'self flag: ...'s belong in the
image. */

#ifdef _MSC_VER
static void flag(char *ignored) {}
static inline void flag(char *ignored) {}
#endif

This seems to be from sqMemoryAccess.h

Any help?

thanks

mariano

Once you verify, just send me .cs and i will include it.