[Vm-dev] Socket Plugin primitives

jannik.laval jannik.laval at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:42:00 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am analyzing SocketPluggin for Ocean development. And I have some remarks/questions.

First, to be sure, can you confirm my vision:
- the vm 4.x is the old one. Is it maintained ?
- vm 5.7.x is the normal vm (without JIT)
- vm 5.8.x is the Cog VM with normal pluggin
- vm Cog is Cog VM with less primitives than vm 5.8 (modified pluggins).

Based on that, we can see that Cog has only 38 primitives related to SocketPluggin where normal pluggin provides 61 primitives.
Could anyone explain to me why some primitives disappear ?
I do not yet analyze which primitives disappear but maybe someone could help me to understand this difference between the two pluggins.

Thanks in advance for your help,
---
Jannik Laval