[Vm-dev] VM Automated builds update

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:37:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 07:38:29PM +0100, stephane ducasse wrote:
> Noticed also that the infrastructure will make
> 	- building VMs after every single commit (no need to wait several months for one new vms) so high availability of recent vms
> 	- helping vm developers to improve the reproduction of bugs and regression
> 	- engaging the community to really invest in the vms and contribute.

I already love Hudson. I'm no VM dev and have no interest in
becoming one unless all the existing ones go away. I tried a
Hudson build against cobalt, found a bug, reported it, and igor
fixed it, and hudson built it. Total turnaround time from bug
report to working VM: 1.5 hours

1.5 hours is way better than 1 week to a year to see if a bug is
fixed in the VM fixed, and have to keep using the ancient cobalt
3.8 VM in the interim

In my humble opinion, 1.5 hours is much less than one year

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)