[Vm-dev] playing with threaded ffi as external plugin...

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:57:17 UTC 2011

Hi,
I found that ThreadedIA32FFIPlugin wasn't being loaded at all... so I started debugging until I saw some details (btw... xcode4 debugger is even worst than before):

I changed this declaration:

#ifdef SQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN
#undef EXPORT
// was #undef EXPORT(returnType) but screws NorCroft cc
#define EXPORT(returnType) static returnType
#endif

with:

#ifndef SQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN
#endif

also I changed:

#ifdef SQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN
extern
#endif

with:

#ifndef SQUEAK_BUILTIN_PLUGIN
extern
#endif

and then everything start working.
I still does not know how to test the threads or callbacks for FFI, but a simple "MacOSShell new system: 'ls'." was working fine :)

but here is my concern: the change I made looks like a heavy change... what I did is correct? should I change VMMaker code to generate plugins with my change?

cheers,
Esteban