[Vm-dev] [Cog] Making FreeBSD builds working

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:50:29 UTC 2011

Hello,

This is mainly a message to David and Frank..

So, we have two FreeBSD Hudson slaves up and running (kewl!)

-----
Now i need you guys to register at Hudson server so you can trigger
your jobs by yourselves.

Go to
    https://pharo-ic.lille.inria.fr/register/register.html

Then init your password at:
https://cgi.lille.inria.fr/

After that you will (should) be able to log in on Hudson server.
Then after we will give you enough rights , you will be able to run
jobs directly, without asking someone who can :)
-----

About how things working, please read the wiki
http://code.google.com/p/cog/w/list
and ask questions.

Currently Cog builds fails because configuration is broken.
The configurations are located in CMakeVMMaker package in
'CMakeVMMaker-FreeBSD-Cog' category.

There is a method #configH , which contains various flags after
running configure script,
and it should be changed for FreeBSD target configs.

So, run an image , located in build/generator.image,
hack those classes
and to try out new configuration do:
CogFreeBSDConfig generateWithSources
or just
generate
(if you not modified sources)

Then try to build vm, by issuing
cmake .
make

in build directory.

I will configure jobs for you, so you will be using own git clone of
Cog sources (David has one already), and once you push changes there,
it will automatically trigger the builds. (or you can share same
repository, just tell me what you see fit for you).
But at initial stage, you should make configs work first.

This is the same setup which we made for Esteban:
 - he has own clone, and have an access to VMMaker repo. And things
works quite well for him (right Esteban? ;) ).

So, we need to ask Dave to add you as developers to squeaksource
VMMaker repository,
so you can upload new versions of CMakeVMMaker with your patches.

And last thing, as i understood, you running two different versions of FreeBSD?
They could run same builds of course. But in addition one could focus
on building 32bit binaries, and another for 64 bit.
Just tell me what you wanna focus on.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.